Makeup can transform us and boost our self-esteem. We admire the ideal foundation, the colorful eyeshadows, and the stunning way it improves our look. However, many of us might not know that makeup can contain elements that block our skin pores.
At Liht Organics, we design organic makeup that boosts your beauty while nourishing the skin. In this blog post, we'll draw attention to the frequent pore-clogging ingredients in makeup and explain why avoiding them can help keep your skin healthy.
About Pores and their Role:
Pores are essential for maintaining healthy skin. They act as outlets for sebum (natural skin oils) and dead skin cells. If pores get blocked, it can cause skin issues like acne, blackheads, or even more serious acne types. You don't want your makeup to intensify these problems.
Problematic Ingredients that Clog Pores:
1. Mineral Oil: Found in many makeup items, mineral oil offers a smooth finish. But it's infamous for blocking pores and causing acne. It forms a skin barrier that can hold dirt and bacteria.
2. Silicones: Silicone-based items are favored for their smooth, velvety feel. However, they may also block pores, provoking breakouts and leaving a heavy, clogged sensation on the skin.
3. Isopropyl Myristate: Makeup often contains this for a smooth feel. But, for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin, it may block pores and worsen acne.
4. Artificial Fragrances: These, found in many cosmetics, might upset skin, causing acne and redness. Try using makeup with no fragrance to dodge skin issues.
5. Alcohol: Sometimes included in makeup as a solvent, alcohol might be harsh, making skin dry and irritated. This could result in excessive oil and blocked pores.
Picking Makeup That's Good for Pores:
Want makeup that won't clog your pores? Follow these tips:
1. Check the Ingredients List: Always read makeup's ingredients. Opt for non-comedogenic makeup which won't clog pores.
2. Choose Natural and Organic Brands: Brands like Liht Organics use organic ingredients less likely to irritate skin or block pores.
3. Wash Your Face Regularly: Clean your face well to rid it of makeup and dirt. This helps avoid clogged pores.
4. Use a Primer: A makeup primer lessens the direct touch between skin and makeup. This can reduce clogging of pores by makeup ingredients.
Makeup should enhance your beauty, not harm your skin causing blocked pores and breakouts. At Liht Organics, we feel that makeup should support your skincare, not oppose it. By selecting makeup that uses natural and organic constituents that don't block pores, you can achieve a perfect look without harming your skin's wellbeing. Avoid ingredients that block pores and instead choose those that maintain healthy, attractive skin!
Shop organic makeup in Dubai and the UAE at https://lihtogranics.ae